Revision as of 01:34, 13 August 2016 by Sam (Imported from text file)
We had a great gathering last night at Little Creatures to talk about FreoWiki (including what to call it; one suggestion is GoFreo). Some topics…
- It’s all set up and good to go, at http://freo.org.au/;
- The site overall is licenced under CC Attribution 2.5 Australia, but people can put whatever licences they want on individual pages or media;
- Some ideas are being bounced around about alternatives to FreoWiki as a name;
- The Fremantle Herald might be interested in adding their archival content to FreoWiki—at the moment they’re only keeping the four most recent editions on their site, and we could host a complete archive;
- Personal, first-person content is desirable: people’s recollections of Fremantle, or visions for its future;
- The entry page needs to look good, and (visually) convey what it’s all about;
- We’ll make cards to hand out to people, with some small bit of info about FreoWiki, and a URL with a blank after it (i.e.
freo.org.au/_____________) in which we can write the name of the page that we’re suggesting people use; e.g. to a business owner, with the name of their business (then we scurry home and quickly add some content to that page);
- Good thought needs to be given to ways of ensuring longevity of the project (if it takes off), both technical (backups etc.) and organisational;
- We should enable using media from Commons (already done);
- Plus lots of other stuff that I can’t right now remember!
So now it’s time to start adding content! :-) The easy bit, really.