Embed Piwigo now has a home on WordPress.org, and I’ve announced it on the Piwigo forum. And you’ll notice it’s got a new name! It seems that WordPress plugins aren’t allowed to begin with a trademark, so piwigo-embeds was pooh-poohed and embed-piwigo suggested instead. Now I want to make sure the caching is okay, and […]
I’ve removed Tabulate’s dependency on the REST API plugin, because that’s now been moved in to core WordPress. (Actually, that happened rather a while ago, but I’m slack and haven’t been paying enough attention to Tabulate this year; other things going on!) I hope to get back to adding file-field support to Tabulate sometime soon. […]
I’ve just added a new feature to Tabulate, that allows for the exporting (to CSV) of the set of filter values (for multi-valued filters) that are not found in the data. It also now tells you, next to each multi-valued filter, how many values you’ve got in the search field.
I’ve been getting confused about why an HTML form I’ve been building inside a WordPress shortcode has been getting redirected after submission. Turns out it was because I was using p as a name for a request variable, and that’s not allowed. It’s one of the names used by WordPress core; there are a few […]
Is it a good idea to develop full-blown applications as plugins inside WordPress (or an other CMS)? I sometimes feel like it’s a silly thing to do. Especially if the application is not really doing anything to extend or complement the standard functions of the CMS, and is just existing as a stand-alone creature within […]
I’ve just realeased version 1.0.0 of Tabulate, a WordPress plugin for working with data in a site’s MySQL database. I’ve been using it for a few months in production, and the shift from 0.* to 1.0 was fairly arbitrary — it just seemed stable enough now. The new feature that got included in this release […]
I’ve just been tinkering with writing a new Dokuwiki plugin that I’ve wanted for a while: log404. It logs all not-found page hits (as in, HTTP status 404 Not Found), and gives an admin page for viewing (and deleting) them. Soon to come is a way to add a not-found page ID to the redirect […]
I want to help to write plugins for things. Not these full-blow, stand-alone applications with requirements and scopes that change and change and are never finalised! Far nicer to work on a small part of a bigger application, with a particular goal in mind that can — with time and work — come closer and […]
[This post was about version 0.9, but I’ve sorted out a major bug, and added Gravatars, and because my daft consecutive version numbering system was up to it, I’ve had to release Version One twenty minutes after 0.9; I didn’t see the point of writing a whole new post.] I’ve added support for the hCard […]
I’ve just submitted a patch for Squirrelmail’s Variable Sent Folder plugin, fixing that plugin’s lack of respect for the user’s choice of folder-select-box display. It’s been annoying me for a while. Here’s the patched version (0.4sw).