Hello world, this is my website, where I explain a bit about things I'm working on or thinking about.
I'm a computer programmer by trade, working for the Wikimedia Foundation. I contribute to Wikisource and OpenStreetMap in my spare time, and sometimes build bits of wooden furniture. I like taking photos that document.
You can edit any page on this website if you first create an account; you just need to know the word 'elderberries'. Also, you can email me at
sam@ this website.
I sometimes write on my blog. You mightn't find it very interesting — it's mostly just a way for me to remember things, or a means of thinking through whatever I'm working on.
Twenty most recent posts:
- Feb 7: New feature for ia-upload
- Feb 2: Micro.blog
- Jan 30: Abandoned code projects
- Jan 23: Wikisource Hangout
- Dec 15: Manually upgrading Piwigo
- Dec 5: Reconnected
- Sep 30: Trello backup script
- Sep 22: Marking time
- Sep 20: Internet Archive 20th anniversary celebration
- Sep 19: My dream job
- Aug 31: Sullivan's hall workshop
- Aug 16: Flattening MediaWiki's categories
- Aug 7: House things
- Aug 6: 2016-08-06
- Jun 6: Bold Street Coffee
- May 16: Fremantle Carnevale website down
- Apr 25: Mapping while travelling
- Apr 25: Puerto Pollensa
- Apr 23: Balearia
- Apr 20: Up and away
News from elsewhere
(There's also News from Nowhere, which is a good read if you're interested in why it's still worth using handplanes and caring about the process of work.)